A set of 10 booklets written by top pcos experts
Verity is committed to sharing the truth about PCOS with women living with the condition, their partners, family and friends, and to the medical profession. Verity has no government funding and the money we generate from information packs are a primary source of income and allows us to continue the work we do supporting thousands of women with the condition. It also allows us to campaign and advocate on your behalf and improve the quality and access to credible information that helps you best manage your own PCOS.
BUY AN INFORMATION PACK
Buying an information pack has lots of benefits
You'll receive our email newsletter that includes the latest news and research about the condition and updates from the charity
PRIORITY CONFERENCE BOOKING
We will tell you first about any conferences or events that we are running where you can hear from the top PCOS experts
The 10 information booklets sent to you in the post will also be available to you to download or read online in the supporters area
Access to the supporters area on the Verity Website, where you can access PDFs, conference presentations, videos and more
AN OVERVIEW OF THE 10 BOOKLETS YOU WILL RECEIVE
The Introduction to PCOS booklet covers:
- What is PCOS?
- What are the symptoms?
- The ovaries and the menstrual cycle
- What causes PCOS?
- Are there any health risks?
- Diagnosis and treatment
The Dealing with Acne booklet covers:
- An overview
- What is acne?
- The connection between acne and the ovaries
- Available treatments
- Natural home help
- Acne - fact and fiction
- Further information
The Getting the best from your Doctor booklet covers:
- Choosing a doctor
- First line of treatment
- Creating a partnership
- Tests for PCOS
- Referrals to specialists
- Considering treatments
- Be your own advocate
- Dealing with problems
The Benefits of Exercise booklet covers:
- The benefits of exercise
- How much physical activity should you do?
- Muscle strengthening
- What if you are a larger woman?
- Tips to help get you moving
- How to get motivated
The PCOS and your Fertility booklet covers:
- Irregular ovulation
- Improving your fertility
- Ovulation monitoring
- Natural approaches
- Medical treatments to induce ovulation
- IVF, ovarian drilling, clomid and IUI
The Dealing with Excess Hair booklet covers:
- An intro to hirsutism
- What causes hirsutism?
- Available treatment options
- What are the methods for removing unwanted hair?
- What medical treatments are available?
- Where do you from here?
The PCOS and your Hormones booklet covers:
- PCO vs PCOS
- Why do the symptoms vary?
- The menstrual cycle
- FSH and LH
- Follicles and eggs
- Correcting an imbalance
- The impact on your skin
The Long Term Health Consequences of PCOS booklet covers:
- An introduction to our long term health
- Endometrial cancer
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Other long term risks of PCOS
- What next?
The Nutrition and PCOS booklet covers:
- An introduction to nutrition
- What is insulin resistance
- Weight management
- What is a healthy diet?
- Carbohydrates and PCOS
- Low GI Foods
- Heart health
- The role of medication
The Teenagers and PCOS booklet covers:
- Finding out if you have PCOS
- You've been diagnosed with PCOS, what now?
- What should you eat?
- What is blood sugar and how is related to PCOS?
- The weight connection
- What you need to know